Body Language-era Kylie sort of looks like what I imagine the high-heels-cheer-captain Taylor Swift from the “You Belong With Me” video would look like circa Red if she had embarked on the successful career in pop music that the sneakers/bleachers Taylor Swift did.
"Love At First Sight" is, to me, a completely and totally perfect song.
11:33 pm • 30 September 2013 • 21 notes
eiko ishibashi - resurrection
1. this sounds like “eureka”
2. about two thirds of the way through the video jim o’rourke shows up as part of her backing band and you go “oh that’s why it sounds like eureka”
3. her backing band is called “the already dead” which is a pretty good name for a backing band
4. this sounds like “eureka”!
5. this is a pretty good no-budget video, as far as i can tell there is nothing going on in it besides the jim o’rourke cameo that couldn’t be accomplished with a regular consumer-grade camera that can take HD video, youtube is really super important when it comes to promoting new music these days so i really have a lot of admiration for people who can pull together really memorable images like her on the wheelchair being lit by a car’s headlights with the windshield wipers on without having any money to spend on anything
11:55 pm • 28 September 2013 • 9 notes
“I feel most people’s sexuality is enormously complicated. That’s what it means to be human. Wouldn’t it be great if we honored that complexity rather than turn it into gossip or ridicule? Wouldn’t it be great if we accepted sexual diversity, in ourselves and others, without condemning it?”
Janet Jackson, Essence Magazine (via asexualquotes)
I wouldn’t normally quote Janet Jackson, but she is SPOT ON. I mean, the level of ridicule and negativity I’ve dealt with in my own life is incredible. I’m not sure why people are so set on either being totally inflexible about their sexual practices, or feel the need to try and make others conform to their own preconceptions about sexual practice.
9:58 am • 25 September 2013 • 12,617 notes
reblogging this so claire can reblog it
she’s pretty insistent
i didn’t know corgi-cats were a thing
(Source: catsbeaversandducks, via unimpressedcats)
4:32 pm • 22 September 2013 • 220,729 notes